Monday, March 5, 2007

Portfolio is Finished!

I finished my student teaching portfolio this weekend. It's really nice to be done with it and be able to turn it in so I don't have to deal with it anymore. Sometimes I feel like school is just a bunch of useless paperwork. Yes, I know it's important to show that I know multiple strategies and know how to plan and communicate etc. etc., but couldn't they just come into my classroom and observe all of that? Why all of the paperwork and/or extra time spent trying to put it into LiveText when only a handful of administrators really care to see it? Drake says it's important, HR people (those who are actually doing the hiring) don't really care. As if they have time to look through every applicant's portfolio that comes through the office....

I was going to update you on the current state of the giant icicle that is growing outside my apartment window, but my digital camera and I currently aren't talking. Therefore, I cannot show you the massive thing that would probably kill someone if it fell on their head.

I will, however, show you some Romeo and Juliet projects my students have been presenting today. I'm sure tomorrow I'm going to get some more awesome ones, but this is what I have from today. Masks for the party and Globe Models - aren't they awesome!


The East girls are playing in the State Championship on Wednesday. So, though I will most likely need Wednesday afternoon to catch up on grading since I won't have any time tomorrow, I will most likely go and support the school. I think it will be fun. I should probably go try to meet up with my teacher for my middle school placement that starts next week. I'm not sure I'm going to have a whole lot of time to do that this week though. I suppose I'll have to find time. For some reason it's all just caught up with me!

Dance tonight - we're performing on Sunday at SE Polk. It'll be fun, I'm just definitely ready for Spring Break! Intramural indoor soccer starts tomorrow! I'm super excited for that!

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.