Thursday, March 1, 2007

Update!

I have 3 standards done in my portfolio, which is really exciting! Only 7 more to go, and I'm discovering that they're becoming easier to do, which is nice, because I'm just ready for that big project to be done.

We got a kind of snow day today - at least we got out at 1:05. That was good because the snow got worse later on. I didn't have to drive to Clive to tutor either, which was nice as well. It's so gross outside right now, but I still have this sinking feeling that we're still going to have school tomorrow. I somehow don't think that the weather is going to be that bad for another 8 hours till 6 am when they will know if they're going to call off school or not. The thing is, in Des Moines they don't have snow days built into the schedule, so if they do have a snow day, then they have to make it up at the end of the year. This just seems really weird to me. I understand not having 5 snow days built in, but it would make sense to have 1 or 2 since Iowa does get snow, regularly. I don't know - I'm not the person in charge...

One more week of the 9th graders, one week with the 6th graders and conferences, then Spring Break!!! (Not that I'm counting or anything) :)

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.