Friday, March 30, 2007

Last Performance :(

Tonight was my last performance with the Drake Dance Team :( We performed at Relay for Life. It went pretty well I think, though when we finished there was a really awkward pause before people started clapping. I was later told it was because they weren't sure if there was more because there were a lot of pauses in the music... Oh well, I felt pretty good about it. I'm kind of sad it's done, but at the same time I'm kind of glad because I get to go to sleep before 11:30 on Mondays and Thursdays now.

On another note, I have booked our flights to Vegas!!!!! I'm really excited about it and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I'd like to be able to take her to Hoover Dam and maybe the North rim of the Grand Canyon, but I still have to work on the whole renting a car thing since neither one of us is 25. I think that's so stupid. You can get a license at 16, are considered an adult at 18, can drink at 21, but can't rent a car until you're 25. Who came up with that baloney? It just makes things really difficult for those of us who are responsible and want to go on trips... Oh well. That's how it goes I guess. I think I may have found one or two places that won't charge and arm and a leg to rent a car, so that's always a possibility!!!

I'm exhausted. After we danced, I went and walked at Relay for Life for probably an hour and a half or so, but I couldn't do much more because my legs were jello and I've been up since 6. This is the first year I participated in Relay for Life. It's a really good cause.

I should really just go to bed, but since I don't have to really get up to do anything tomorrow, I feel like I can or should do something else - not school related of course. I'm sure I'll find something else to keep me occupied for at least a little longer :)

No comments:

This is not an official page of Drake University. Content, comments and information are not necessarily those of Drake University.